Friday, December 3, 2010

Setting

I remember when I was younger, maybe,kindergarten or first grade , I got my first night light .It was aqua blue with different types of fish drawn on the notation screen . The first time I used it , I invited my friend Sarah over to test it out. The night lamp project large large fish and wave shapes throughout my room. They swam on every surface in my room. Eventually, the light shorted out,I grew out of my fear for darkness and I moved on. I really appreciated how my mother was and is my advocate. My mother and father supported my fears and had always come to my rescue when "ghouls attacked."I'm honored and blessed with amazing parents; I'll never forget,that aqua blue night lamp that projected fish and waves on every surface in my room.

3 comments:

  1. "S" ??
    ' supported my foolish fears' I'm quite ambivalent on this one. You're either saying they helped you get over your fears or they kept you fearful of the dark?
    Overall, good story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post, makes you think about childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete