Saturday, September 11, 2010

Do You Remember?

Do you remember the warm summer breeze,
Sun kissed skin , Ray Bans ,and the never-ending series of palm,
Santa Monica Pier and 3rd Street poppin off,
Girls with Gucci even though most were knock-offs,
Hollywood Sign and phoney celeb maps at the Kodak,
Teasing the guys who still wore white-T's and throwbacks.


Walking down Venice Beach,getting chased by bums,
Buying nasty pizza"Just cause I wanted someee",
Spending money on shrimp tacos @The Bridge,
Knowing I have leftover pasta in the fridge,
Carelessly Flexin in Club Narain down in Marina Del Rey,
Feelin super sick cause I tried a "4 loko" that day,
Maturing and learning what matters most,
Finally starting scholarships cause due dates are close.


Staying in,Studying and blogging prompts,
Wondering why I ever wanted to grow up and why did the fun have to stop,
Checking out colleges all day,feeling like my brain is mush,
Stomping on the rag after taking it off the bush,
It's a metaphor,you start learing those more as you get old,
I'm gonna miss the beaches of Cali or so I'm told,
Out of state without my mom,college bound,bills and filing taxes,
My childhood is ending and all I can do is watch as it passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment